Show us your moves for Dance Your City 3
Yes, the online dance competition is back! Show us your choreography to win the chance to perform live on stage in London joining Boy Blue Entertainment at the Barbican in London as special guests in their line up in February 2015.
How to enter the competition
1. Create your own 60-90 second trailer filmed at an iconic landmark in your town or city. See the winning entry from last year by Moving Together from Leicester for inspiration. To hear when the competition is launched follow us on Twitter @dancetp, like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/dancetouringpartnership or join the email list at www.dancetouringpartnership.co.uk.
2. Film your dance and upload it to the Dance Your City competition page.
3. Ask your friends and family to visit the Dance Your City competition page and vote for their favourite video. The earlier you submit your video, the longer you have to gain votes!
4. On 15 November we will announce the 3 videos with the most public votes. The finalists will have to prepare a 3 minute piece to take to the Live Final in December to perform in front of a public audience and a panel of dance experts. A small travel fund will be available to each of the finalists.
5. The ultimate winner, chosen by the panel of experts, will perform live as Special Guest performers at an evening with Boy Blue Entertainment at the Barbican in London in February 2015. They will spend the whole day with the company, with access all areas to see how the show is staged and set up. Then they will perform their winning choreography in front of a live audience as part of the evening’s show!
The competition is open to groups or individuals, all age groups 6yrs+, and all dance styles. Videos can be submitted by links from YouTube or Vimeo.